Effective date: July, 2020
Ethan Health, LLC ("us", "we", or "our") operates the https://www.ethanhealth.org website (the
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data
when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the
collection and use of information in accordance with this policy. Unless otherwise defined in this
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our
Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information
that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may
include, but is not limited to:
• Email address
• First name and last name
• Phone number
• Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
• Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage
Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address),
browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit,
the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier.
Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies
also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
• Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
• Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various
• Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Ethan Health, LLC uses the collected data for various purposes:
• To provide and maintain the Service
• To notify you about changes to our Service
• To remarket our Service and for general marketing purposes
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
• To provide customer care and support
• To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
• To monitor the usage of the Service
• To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers
located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data
protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we
transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
agreement to that transfer.
Ethan Health, LLC will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely
organization or a country unless there are adequate controls in place including the security of your
data and other personal information.
Disclosure of Data
Ethan Health, LLC may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is
• To comply with a legal obligation
• To protect and defend the rights or property of Ethan Health, LLC
• To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
• To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
• To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the
Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially
acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"),
to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing
how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and
are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic.
Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with
other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of
its own advertising network.
You can opt-out of having made your activity on the Service available to Google Analytics by installing
(ga.js, analytics.js, and dc.js) from sharing information with Google Analytics about visits activity.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web
Links to Other Sites
Our Service may contain links to other sites that are not operated by us. If you click on a third party
of every site you visit.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of
any third party sites or services.
We will let you know via email and/or a prominent notice on our Service, prior to the change
Policy are effective when they are posted on this page.
Model Notices of Privacy Practices
Your Information. Your Rights. Our Responsibilities.
This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get
access to this information. Please review it carefully.
You have the right to:
• Get a copy of your paper or electronic medical record
• Correct your paper or electronic medical record
• Request confidential communication
• Ask us to limit the information we share
• Get a list of those with whom we’ve shared your information
• Get a copy of this privacy notice
• Choose someone to act for you
• File a complaint if you believe your privacy rights have been violated
You have some choices in the way that we use and share information as we:
• Tell family and friends about your condition
• Provide disaster relief
• Include you in a hospital directory
• Provide mental health care
• Market our services and sell your information
• Raise funds
Our Uses and Disclosures
We may use and share your information as we:
• Treat you
• Run our organization
• Bill for your services
• Help with public health and safety issues
• Do research
• Comply with the law
• Respond to organ and tissue donation requests
• Work with a medical examiner or funeral director
• Address workers’ compensation, law enforcement, and other government
• Respond to lawsuits and legal actions
When it comes to your health information, you have certain rights. This section explains your rights
and some of our responsibilities to help you.
Get an electronic or paper copy of your medical record
• You can ask to see or get an electronic or paper copy of your medical record and other health
information we have about you. Ask us how to do this.
• We will provide a copy or a summary of your health information, usually within 30 days of
your request. We may charge a reasonable, cost-based fee.
Ask us to correct your medical record
• You can ask us to correct health information about you that you think is incorrect or
incomplete. Ask us how to do this.
• We may say “no” to your request, but we’ll tell you why in writing within 60 days.
Request confidential communications
• You can ask us to contact you in a specific way (for example, home or office phone) or to send
mail to a different address.
• We will say “yes” to all reasonable requests.
Ask us to limit what we use or share
• You can ask us not to use or share certain health information for treatment, payment, or our
operations. We are not required to agree to your request, and we may say “no” if it would
affect your care.
• If you pay for a service or health care item out-of-pocket in full, you can ask us not to share
that information for the purpose of payment or our operations with your health insurer. We
will say “yes” unless a law requires us to share that information.
Get a list of those with whom we’ve shared information
• You can ask for a list (accounting) of the times we’ve shared your health information for six
years prior to the date you ask, who we shared it with, and why.
• We will include all the disclosures except for those about treatment, payment, and health
care operations, and certain other disclosures (such as any you asked us to make). We’ll
provide one accounting a year for free but will charge a reasonable, cost-based fee if you ask
for another one within 12 months.
Get a copy of this privacy notice
You can ask for a paper copy of this notice at any time, even if you have agreed to receive the notice
electronically. We will provide you with a paper copy promptly.
Choose someone to act for you
• If you have given someone medical power of attorney or if someone is your legal guardian,
that person can exercise your rights and make choices about your health information.
• We will make sure the person has this authority and can act for you before we take any
File a complaint if you feel your rights are violated
• You can complain if you feel we have violated your rights by contacting us using the
information on page 1.
• You can file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for
Civil Rights by sending a letter to 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201,
calling 1-877-696-6775, or visiting www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/complaints/.
• We will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint.
For certain health information, you can tell us your choices about what we share. If you have a clear
preference for how we share your information in the situations described below, talk to us. Tell us
what you want us to do, and we will follow your instructions.
In these cases, you have both the right and choice to tell us to:
• Share information with your family, close friends, or others involved in your care
• Share information in a disaster relief situation
• Include your information in a hospital directory
If you are not able to tell us your preference, for example if you are unconscious, we may go ahead
and share your information if we believe it is in your best interest. We may also share your
information when needed to lessen a serious and imminent threat to health or safety.
In these cases we never share your information unless you give us written permission:
• Marketing purposes
• Sale of your information
• Most sharing of psychotherapy notes
In the case of fundraising:
• We may contact you for fundraising efforts, but you can tell us not to contact you again.
Our Uses and Disclosures
How do we typically use or share your health information?
We typically use or share your health information in the following ways.
We can use your health information and share it with other professionals who are treating you.
Example: A doctor treating you for an injury asks another doctor about your overall health
Run our organization
We can use and share your health information to run our practice, improve your care, and
contact you when necessary.
Example: We use health information about you to manage your treatment and services.
Bill for your services
We can use and share your health information to bill and get payment from health plans or other entities.
Example: We give information about you to your health insurance plan so it will pay for your
How else can we use or share your health information?
We are allowed or required to share your information in other ways – usually in ways that contribute to the
public good, such as public health and research. We have to meet many conditions in the law before we can
share your information for these purposes. For more information see:
Help with public health and safety issues
We can share health information about you for certain situations such as:
• Preventing disease
• Helping with product recalls
• Reporting adverse reactions to medications
• Reporting suspected abuse, neglect, or domestic violence
• Preventing or reducing a serious threat to anyone’s health or safety
We can use or share your information for health research.
Comply with the law
We will share information about you if state or federal laws require it, including with the
Department of Health and Human Services if it wants to see that we’re complying with federal
Respond to organ and tissue donation requests
We can share health information about you with organ procurement organizations.
Work with a medical examiner or funeral director
We can share health information with a coroner, medical examiner, or funeral director when an
Address workers’ compensation, law enforcement, and other government requests
We can use or share health information about you:
• For workers’ compensation claims
• For law enforcement purposes or with a law enforcement official
• With health oversight agencies for activities authorized by law
• For special government functions such as military, national security, and presidential
Respond to lawsuits and legal actions
We can share health information about you in response to a court or administrative order, or in
response to a subpoena.
• We are required by law to maintain the privacy and security of your protected health information.
• We will let you know promptly if a breach occurs that may have compromised the privacy or security of
• We must follow the duties and privacy practices described in this notice and give you a copy of it.
• We will not use or share your information other than as described here unless you tell us we can in
writing. If you tell us we can, you may change your mind at any time. Let us know in writing if you
change your mind.
For more information see: www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/consumers/noticepp.html.
Changes to the Terms of this Notice
We can change the terms of this notice, and the changes will apply to all information we have about you. The new notice will be available upon request, in our office, and on our web site.
between 9am & 5pm, Mon-Fri:
By phone number: (859) 625-5235
Address: 1621 &1623 Foxhaven Dr, Richmond, KY 40475, United States